October 4, 2017
The Certification Team - Canadian Nurses Association
Is your CNA certification due for renewal in 2017
Years ago you became CNA certified.
You prepped for a rigorous exam.
You advanced in your speciality and worked hard to maintain your valuable national credential.
Your CNA certification means you are:
- Recognized nationally for your practice excellence
- Valued by many employers, because your certification demonstrates specialized knowledge
- Recognized for your clear commitment to lifelong learning
- Viewed as having enhanced professional credibility by showing you Care to Be the Best!
Do not let all your efforts go to waste.
There are two ways to renew:
- Submit, by November 30, 2017, your 100 hours of continuous learning (CL) activities.
- Apply, between June 1 and September 1, 2017, to rewrite the certification exam.
Please note: If you have already renewed your certification, thank you and please disregard this message. If you do not renew your certification, your credential will remain valid until December 31, 2017; after this date, your certification will lapse and you will not be permitted to use the nursing designation initials after your name in your practice.
Inactive status option: If you are unable to renew in 2017 due to personal or professional reasons, you may choose to apply for inactive status. This provides you with an additional three-year period to meet the renewal requirements. You cannot use your credential until your certification is reactivated.
As one of Canada’s 17,000 CNA-certified nurses, we applaud your leadership and your demonstrated commitment to your profession. You clearly appreciate the value of certification and understand its advantages for your team’s ability to provide better care to your patients. We look forward to working with you on continuing your CNA certification.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-361-8404.
The Certification Team
Canadian Nurses Association
613-237-2159 Ext. 462 | 1-800-361-8404
50 Driveway, Ottawa, ON K2P 1E2