Canadian Nephrology Nurse Practitioners (CNNP)
The CNNP is the national network of Nephrology Nurse Practitioners, supporting them in their professional growth and development, through education and collaboration with other health care professionals. Nephrology Nurse Practitioners are leaders, collaborators and advocates for patients with renal disease.
Vision and Mission
Canadian Nephrology Nurse Practitioners as leaders, collaborators and advocates for patients with renal disease.
CNNP is the national network of Nephrology Nurse Practitioners, supporting them in their professional growth and development, through education and collaboration with other health care professionals.
To achieve its vision and mission, CNNP strives to achieve the following goals:
- Provide opportunities for networking and communication among members through
- annual face-to-face forum
- on-line and web discussion forum
- Provide opportunities for the sharing of resources, expertise and evidence-based practices.
- Facilitate potential advanced nursing and interdisciplinary research initiatives.
- Provide opportunities to share and promote various roles, role components and competencies of CNNP to government, the general public, the nephrology patient/family population, community agencies, and other health care providers.
- Facilitate health policy and community development initiatives through partnerships with nephrology patients and significant others, national and provincial advocacy groups and strengthening ties with community resources.
Meetings of the CNNP
CNNP 2009 meeting
The 3rd annual CNNP meeting was held at the Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto on June 12 & 13, 2009. Obejectives of the meeting included were to provide a forum for networking and sharing of information, review HTN management & CHEP guidelines, provide "how to" educational updates on critical appraisals of RCTs & clinical practice guidelines, stimulate the use of research findings in practice, and review the final details of CANNT/Amgen grant mentorship program.
CNNP 2008 meeting
The 2nd annual CNNP meeting was held at the nterContinental Toronto Yorkville on June 13 & 14, 2008. The focus of the meeting was an overview of research, from systematic reviews to research proposal and research publication.
CNNP 2007 meeting
This was our 1st annual CNNP meeting. The meeting was to give us an opportunity to network and work on the vision and mission of our group.